- Title: Child Development in Gymnastics
- Description/Intro: As a child, your body develops at a certain pace and a certain time. Young athletes surpass these milestones prematurely due to advanced physical activity and pressure. How does this effect their bodies? Is the outcome good or bad?
- Goals: This topic is important to understand because kids are being compelled to go outside of their bodies natural progression due to pressure from coaches and parents. Developing early can cause issues later on down the road. This is important because as a future Athletic Trainer, more coaches need to be aware of what they are forcing on their athletes.
- Conclusion: I could potentially be working with child athletes at some point in my career. Over all, progressed development can trigger early on retirement from their sport. I will also conclude with whether or not various studies and articles I have researched are in support of kid gymnasts/athletes or if they think the sport is more harmful than anything.
- Timeline: For the first two weeks, I will focus on gathering information from the library database and scholarly articles online. The next week I will start the intro and the base of the paper. The following week I will work more on the body of the paper. The following week I will wrap up the body and conclusion. The following week I will work on the bibliography and sources. Then I will peer edit and have someone peer edit it after me.
- Grammar: I will make sure it is peer edited
- Images: Insert photos of child gymnasts as well as biological references. Licensed.
- There will be multiple hot links.
- Title: Shadowing Professionals
- Description/Intro: As a student, I am very job and career oriented. I want to get the degree and get the job. This project of shadowing will help me put my foot in the door and make connections, but also see what the daily life of various professions related to my field are.
- Goals: I want to can experience and insight now from professionals. While doing observation here at the school for Athletic Training, I want to take myself outside of the school and make connections that aren’t related to the school itself.
- Deliverable: I will talk about the day to day life at each profession I observe with and what I took away from each of them. Maybe even list some of the things that I learned from them.
- Conclusion: This project was linked to my life goals 100%. I will be able to put myself in a professional setting and gain connections that will come in handy later on hopefully. It could even open up internships which will help me even more with getting a job.
- Timeline: This week I will email the PT I have been in contact with to make plans for me to come in. I am thinking I will observe during Spring Break because my work and school schedule are too demanding. I will also get in touch with the Chiropractor that I want to shadow with and make plans for me to shadow with him. After each shadow, I will write in a document what happened throughout the day so I have reference for when I put it all together for my ePort.
- Grammar: Grammar will be double checked by myself and another pair of eyes.
- Images: I am hoping I will be able to take images with the people I observe with and will share that in the post.
- Hotlinks: Will hotlink their businesses as well as any other references.